The purpose of this ladder is to have fun, enjoy the games, and get the opportunity to play new people.
1. Participants are asked to play one game per week, but can play more if they like. While games were originally meant to be played at Exhibition Park, these courts are not scheduled for repair until 2022. Both players can agree to play elsewhere.
2. You may play people 3 above, or 3 below you on the ladder. If your goal is to move up, select to challenge those above you!
3. The challenger arranges the game, and gives a minimum of 2 alternative times. As a guideline, 1 of these can be on the weekend; the other on a weekday.
4. Both players bring a can of balls to the match that are either new, or relatively new.
5. Each match will be the first to win 8 games with regular scoring (and must win by 2 games). If a tiebreaker is required, the winner is the first to reach 7 points (with a minimum 2 point advantage).
6. If the person lower on the ladder wins, they move ahead of the previously higher ranked player with any players previously between them dropping one spot. If the higher ranked player wins, all positions remain the same.
7. The winner is responsible for emailing the result to email@example.com by 8pm Sunday night. Even if it doesn't change the positioning on the ladder this is important as inactive players will be removed from the ladder after 3 weeks (see 10. below).
8. If a player challenged is unable to play (and hasn't otherwise played a match that week), a default should be recorded. Defaults are not a bad thing; they keep the ladder moving, help to ensure games are being played, and allow participants to meet new people in future weeks.
9. Vacation/Injury - if you cannot play due to injury or vacation, simply let me know and this will be noted on the weekly posting. Your placement will be held until your return.
10. If a player is "active" on the ladder (having not taken a leave for vacation or injury as above) and does not play for 2 consecutive weeks, they will be moved to "inactive". As with defaults, this is to ensure other players get the opportunity to play and play different people. As soon as you are ready to play again, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will put you back to "active".
11. The ladder will be changed by Noon Monday of each week, according to the matches played.
12. Have fun!
Updated: May 2019